Dear Family and Friends,
It
has been another great week here in NOM. It sounds like the weather is
looking a little better for you guys. It sure is beautiful here. I
think it was 40 degrees the other day, and I thought I was going to
freeze here. I hope you all are surviving. This week came with lots of
trials, but so many miracles. We have three baptism sets right now, and
like one member said, "They went through their expected opposition". We
had a couple of set backs, but I know that Heavenly Father is so aware
of them, and they will be able to overcome this trial that they are
going through.
We met with Leanne who is set for Feb. 22, and when we talked about her
baptism she was like baptism I just can't even think about that right
now. I am so not ready for that nor do I know if I want to anymore.
She was a little grumpy with us haha!! She wants to continue to learn,
and she said that she was going to pray about it. So we are excited to
meet with her this week. We had an incredible lesson with Jeff. He is
the one who is very philosophical. He has been taking extreme baby
steps each time that we go over. This week was so awesome! He was so
humbled, and just knew that he needed this. At the end of the lesson he
said he was going to pray sincerely, and push everything he had been
taught before aside, and just do what God wanted him to do. It goes to
show that Heavenly Father truly has a plan for each of us specifically,
and sometimes he allows us to get to the lowest of lows in order for us
to realize what is important, and that is what he did with Jeff. So
since I got here Sister Belka and I have been working with a lady who
has been inactive for 3 years. I just love her so much. I love
everybody I teach, but there is just something different with her, and I
just LOVE HER!! Well after working with her forever she finally CAME TO
CHURCH!! It was so amazing! I was literally beaming all during church.
She finally realizes that in order for her to be happy again and
receive the blessings that Heavenly Father has for her she has to be
doing what he has asked us to do. I was so proud of her.
We went and did Service for Claudia and Ramsey, and folded I think every
item of clothing that they had. We had just finished and told them
that we wanted to share a message with them before we leave. Well then
Ramsey gets up and goes to the kitchen. I knew we were in trouble. So
we start sharing this message, and he brings out a plate that had like 7
vienna sausages, and then a raw egg literally. I think that he cooked
it for 2 seconds. My stomach was already queezy. I had no idea what I
was going to do. Well for one I have trained Sia well and she started
taking my sausages, and biting half of them, and then putting them on
Sister Grahams plate haha!! It was hilarious!! Well then I started
teaching, and some how Sister Graham got them all on my plate. Well we
had a lunch appointment that we were already going to be late to so
finally I get this bright idea to ask them if we can take it with us.
So sure enough they were like yeah of course, and were so excited. We
told them how grateful we were for them, and how delicious this was and
then we left. We got out and I looked at Sister Graham, and just said
you owe me big!! I am terrible I know, but hey my stomach can't handle
eating a raw egg, and vienna sausages. Yes there is definitely a reason
why I am here in Nebraska.
This Sunday I was kind of having an off day. We were working at the
Trail Center all day. Sister Farnsworth of course knows when something
is wrong, and so she took me into the Memorial room. I then asked her
to take me on tour. It was exactly what I needed. Being
a missionary you focus so much on what everyone needs, and how you can
help them, and so forth. It was amazing to have somebody do the same
thing for me. Everything that she said was exactly what I needed to
hear. The spirit was so powerful. She made me realize that I can do
this, and that I can be the missionary that Heavenly Father needs me to
be. She helped me realize how much Father really loves me, and is with
me every step of the way. I am so grateful for her.
Our whole Stake changed boundaries this last Sunday. It won't take
place until February 10. We are loosing our Relief Society President,
YW presidency, and our Ward Missionary Leader, and missionaries, and so
many other amazing people. Plus we are loosing so much of our teaching
pool including Alli, and Claudia and Ramsey. Let's just say some tears
were shed. It made me realize how much I truly do love these people,
and how much apart of my life they are. I am excited to see the
miracles that come from this. I know that everything happens for a
reason, and that this is how the Lord wants it to be.
I love being a a missionary!! I know without a doubt that this gospel is
true. I know that Christ's same gospel has been restored through a
prophet Joseph Smith. As we strive to become more like the Savior each
and every day we will have the happiness that Father has intended for
us. We must do our part in bringing this happiness to our brothers and
sisters. So I want to invite all of you to share your testimony with
somebody you know this week. I can promise you that if you do that you
will feel of Heavenly Fathers love for you this week, and you will be
able to know that you can do hard things.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Sister Whittaker
PS
I am so glad you all had a great trip in TARGHEE..... Just think next
year I will be boarding my little heart out with you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment